Friday, October 7, 2011

Curlformers: New Revolution in Perming Hair

Ever since I was a child, I love to have a curly hair.  From those zigzag, spiral & telephone wire I have tried all of those.


PERM:  A series of waves in the hair made by applying heat and chemicals.


Types Of Hair Perms


Body perm are just that. The body perm gives you volume, body and movement. A square shape face works well with this type of perm.
Root perm adds lift and volume only to the root area. It gives height and fullness. Root perms are ideal for short hair. The heart shaped face works well with this perm.
Pain curl perm gives soft, natural waves which are achieved by perming small sections of the hair that have been pinned into pre-formed curls. The pain curl perm works great with any shape face.
Stacked perm is great for one-length haircuts, it gives curl and volume. Depending on the thickness of the rod used, you can achieve a tight curl or a lose curl.
Spiral perm creates a romantic curl by winding the hair around special curler. This will create your hair to look fuller and much thicker. The spiral perm works great on oval-shaped faces.


SOURCE:  
http://www.bellacapellis.com/permed-hair-styles.html

People always tend to joke "Why do people with straight hair wanted it permed, and why those who have permed hair want it straight?" That's the harsh reality of life. ;p  People always look for new things.  We want to try what's "in" or "new". Others consider it as an expression of going out of the shell.


When I am on my teenage days, I have looked for alternatives how to perm my hair without undergoing my crowning glory to chemicals.  I have tried using magnetic, sponge, bendable and even regular rollers of all sizes and shapes to make my hair curl temporarily.

For so long I have been looking for other ways to make those sexy curls in an easy way. Luckily I found this option of using springy curls.

These are called CURLFORMERS:

Photo from D. Sandeen, licensed to About.com 2009

-Short & Narrow: blue and green
-Long & Extra Wide: yellow & magenta
-Long & Narrow: blue and green
-Extra Long & Wide: pink and orange

I have been trying to look for Curlformers over the web and found those U.S. made around 40 pcs, price ranging from 40 to 50 usd (excluding shipping fee).  I want to try at first how does it work, but I am currently on a budget which means spending more right now is not a good idea.  

Luckily, I saw this so called "MAGIC LEVERAGE (Curlformers Asian Version)" on Facebook.  This time, it is cheaper and affordable.  I told myself, why not give it a try?

  

Oct: 3, 1:30pm: I received the package.


1:40 pm: Started looking on the details of the packaging, items inside and how to use.


packaging carton

 curlformers

consists of 9 pcs large size (11 inches when straightened)
& 9 pcs small size (7 inches when straightened)

 1 pc magic leverage hook (spelled leverag on them)

hook when placed together

manual/instructions how to use

1:45 pm: Preparation for my hair prior to the curling.

 my hair before using curlformers

applied REVLON's CURLS DESIGNER to give extra hold (you may use mousse)

sectioned my hair into two

1:50 pm: Started using curlformers.

Holding the handle, feed the curlformer on to the styling hook.



Starting at the nape of the neck, and with the rest of your hair clipped out of the way, take a small section of hair approximately half an inch (mine I did it 1 inch).  Give it a quarter turn twist, and holding the handle higher than the hook, slip the twisted section into the hook. Using your thumb and index finger, squeeze open slightly the end of the curlformer closest to the scalp, enabling you to draw the hook back through the curlformer.


I started working with it to all of the sections of my hair.


But the curlformers I bought is intended for short hair, I started using it in other ways (I combined the two curformers per section).
If you have a short hair, apply all of the curlformers in this way, working from the back of the head through the sides and top to the front.

2:30 pm: Started using curlformers in other ways.

 used the smaller curlformers first

then followed by the longer one


to complete the first part of the first section :)

Sounds too hard for you?  Here's a better demonstration:



3:00 pm: All are into place.  


3:05 pm: Tried peeping after 5 minutes.


3:10 pm:  I tried changing my clothes to see how strong do curlformers hold into my hair...and guess what? The curlformers are still intact and in place :) Then I tried peeping after 10 minutes.


3:15 pm: Tried peeping after 15 minutes.


3:16 pm: Waiting time begins.  You can even sleep with it!


7:00 pm:  Removing the curlformers.


To remove it, use your thumb and index finger to squeeze open the end closest to the scalp.  At the same time, use your free hand to unfurl the curlformer and gently remove from the hair.  Don't worry for it won't disturb the curl and it will spring back into place.  You can brush it with your fingers for a soft textured look.  Apply hairspray for longer lasting curls and shine.


7:10 pm:  All of the curlformers are removed. :)

Presenting the new permed hair (4 hours set):

 close up side view

 close up front view

 close up side back view

sexy big curls


I tried styling these curls: 

Style 1 (scattered curls)

 Style 2 (combined curls)

  Style 3 (one-sided combined curls)


 Style 4 (combined pony-tailed curls)

Whatever the style is, I so love these big sexy curls!!! Wooot!

The curls lasted approximately 5 hours.  On my hair, ('coz I really have a straight hair) number of hours set = number of hours it will last + 1 to 2 hours :)

CONCLUSION:


Using curlformers is a way to easily create quick & perfect curls.  These are revolutionary because the hairs is curled inside the curlformer - it does the work for you.  Curlformers take on average a third of a time to apply than other curler.  You get a perfect curl style in record time while giving you the choice to have exactly the curls you want, where you want them.  Fun and safe to use.
-Easily curl the entire length of your hair, or just a section.
-Less training and less time creating perfect curls.
-Constructed of a long wearing PTE material.
-Precise definition and tension to curls.


For only less than 4 USD (excluding shipping fee), you'll be able to try these CURLFORMERS HERE.


-xoxo-










6 comments:

  1. Nice blog. I like it hope to have one soon....

    Glenn of Gencified

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenn, thanks! YOu may try to inquire on the link where I get that curlformers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, visiting from Pinoy Bloggers! Btw, I'm your newest follower. Hope you can follow me back thru GFC. Thanks and more power to your blog!

    Kiss Kiss
    Bec of http://mygorgeouspinkcheeks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bec! Thanks for dropping by and following me :) Already followed you back through GFC ^_^
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete